Inscriptions from NY.Brook.BM

The Brooklyn Museum has a large collection of antiquities, with a special emphasis on Egyptian artifacts. The majority were acquired in Egypt by Charles E. Wilbour, a journalist, lawyer, and gentleman scholar, during the last two decades of the nineteenth century and were subsequently donated to the Museum in his name by the heirs to his widow's estate in 1914. Two of the Roman tombstones were bequeathed to the museum by the widow of George N. Olcott, who assembled the large collection of Latin inscriptions at Columbia University. In 1972 Kevin Herbert published a fine study of the forty-three Greek texts and the four Latin stones in the Brooklyn Museum collection in his Greek and Latin Inscriptions in the Brooklyn Museum.

( Total: 49 ) Jump to: Latin | Greek

Latin

Greek