Inscriptions from NJ.Princ.PU.AM

The Art Museum at Princeton University has a distinguished collection of antiquities, including many vases and marble sculptures, built up mostly by gifts, beginning in 1900. The university was involved in the excavations at Antioch on the Orontes and a number of inscriptions on stone came to Princeton as a result; of these several fragmentary pieces are currently inaccessible in remote storage. In addition, there are a number of mosaics with short inscriptions, all published in R. Stillwell, Antioch-on-the-Orontes II The Excavations of 1933-1936 (Princeton 1938). Forty pieces of sculpture have been published by B. Ridgway et al. in Greek Sculpture in the Art Museum, Princeton University (Princeton 1994) and various other inscribed objects have been published from time to time in the Princeton Art Museum Record.

( Total: 56 ) Jump to: Latin | Greek

Latin

Greek