Inscriptions from MA.North.SC

The Department of Classical Languages and Literatures at Smith College owns a small collection of six Latin inscriptions, which were acquired around the turn of the century by A. W. Van Buren from antiquities dealers in Rome and were subsequently purchased from Van Buren, along with a handwritten catalogue of the collection, in 1925. Three of the stones collected by Van Buren were published by Huelsen in CIL VI among the sepulchral inscriptions of Rome.

The Smith College Museum of Art has a small marble ash urn from Rome and a stamped moldmade terracotta lamp on display.

( Total: 16 ) Jump to: Latin | Greek

Latin

Greek